unusually, i was at the london office of the government agency i work at today-monday…. that gave me the opportunity to see personally what happens when a formally big, fat, overflowing with cash “quango” gets scalped, decapitated and exsanguinated…it was not pretty~~ i think they had to close the rooftop patio…
i was in a meeting when there were quiet whispers about a meeting, “a briefing”. apparently the regular employees have been hanging on in quiet desperation since the election…. today it became official…
- Care Quality Commission
- General Social Care Council – but renamed when it joins with the Health Professions Council
- Health and Social Care Information Centre
- Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence
- NHS Blood and Transplant
- NHS Business Services Authority
- NHS Litigation Authority
- Alcohol Education and Research Council
- Appointments Commission
- Council for Healthcare Regulatory Excellence – to be made a self-funding body by charging a levy on regulators
- Health Protection Agency
- Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority
- Human Tissue Authority
- National Patient Safety Agency
- National Treatment Agency for Substance Misuse
- NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement
i don’t need to point out which of those agencies that are “going” i work for but the fact is it doesn’t make any difference to me! i am only loaned out so if they locked the doors tomorrow i would just go back to my old job at the hospital!
HA! i sneer at unemployment! i laugh in the face of redundancy!! ha, ha~~HA!!
not that i am unsympathetic, most of my family is unemployed or under-employed so i know it’s scary and sucks big time…but i do feel a certain sense of revenge to see some highly~too highly paid directors having to scramble to justify all the vital, important things they think they do for patients…
there are very few good decisions i have made in my life but going to nursing school rates in the top 4!!!