some people think i worry too much… but… in the case of a very important overseas trip and a very soon to expire passport~~i think i am justified to be worried.
today though i was relieved to recieve~~ta-da!
man, that is one sturdy passport!! of course it probably has the itinerary of every trip i’ve taken over the past 35 years embedded in the cover…and it has nice little touches of historical quotes, pictures of bald eagles and shafs of wheat and mount rushmore.
looking at my aging face and all my relevant details like my birth place printed in black and white makes me kind of sad? nostalgic? okay, just plain old!!
a few passport facts about me:
- my first passsport-1977
- i had a maroon “official business” passport when i was in the air force
- i have been to at least 15 countries
- i have lived in 2 countries (turkey and england)
- i now travel on two passports (a current one and an expired one that has my ILR visa in it)
- i could have a 3rd, british passport (if i wasn’t so cheap and stubborn to apply and pay god knows how much money it costs these days)
the other scary interesting thing about my new passport is that it expires in 2020!!!! yikes!!!!!! i stood at a bus stop today vaguely watching all the weirdos people going by wondering where i will be in 2020….
feel free to offer suggestions on where you think i will be in 10 years….
where do you think you will be in 10 years??