yep, not in a ” i love my job and wish i could work 7 days a week” way….
more like ” i know i have to work if i want to eat and this is possibly the best job i have ever had!”
here’s a list of reasons which other people may take for granted because it’s just part of office life but i am extremely grateful for after 15 years of 12 hour shifts taking care of patients:
- work starts when i get there
- if i’m late, i stay an equal number of minutes late
- i have my own space~~ desk, chair, telephone, filing cabinet etc.
- i have other nice people to talk to when i want to chat
- my manager is both fun and a good leader (unlike my previous 2 managers)
- i can get up and go for a walk, get something to eat or drink anytime i want… within reason
- i can check my email (discreetly)
- i get to go to meetings
- people actually ask my opinion and respect what i have to say
- they pay me a boatload of money!
- i don’t have to touch or smell body fluids!!! (or watch people die)
yep…this is something that i can do until i retire in about 15 years~~~